Fishers Arts Council
ARTIST/ARTISAN/MUSICIAN CALL OUT: Fishers Heritage Park Harvest Fest
Updated: Jul 31, 2020
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: August 21, 2020 by 3:00 PM
Fishers Arts Council is partnering with the Parks Foundation of Fishers for a new event: Fishers Heritage Park Harvest Fest on September 12, 2020 from 4pm to 8pm. This event is turning the Parks Foundation’s traditional fundraising gala into an outdoor walk through the gardens of the Ambassador House at Heritage Park, where artists/artisans will display and sell their creations along with local food and drink vendors. Musicians are welcome to apply, and may sell items as well as collect tips. Fishers Arts Council strongly encourages those who were past Arts Crawl participants to apply.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be an artist/artisan/musician of Hamilton County or surrounding areas
· Have art/creations/music to display/perform and sell
· Music must be acoustic (no power available)
· Be able to set up on the event day between 3pm-4pm
· Be present for the duration of the event from 4pm-8pm
· Clean up your space by/before 9pm
· Provide your own tables/display materials
· Provide your own tent, if needed
· Be able to take your own payments
· Demonstrate your medium (optional)
· Musicians will be required to play, but may take breaks on their own schedule
There is no compensation for this event. Artists may sell during the event and musicians may accept tips with no commission taken. There will be NO FEE to participate.
Artists must submit their applications by 3:00PM EST on Friday, August 21, 2020. Representatives from Fishers Arts Council and the Parks Foundation will review submitted applications and select up to 30 artists for the event.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, Fishers Arts Council reserves the right to invite an artist to participate, should we need more artists/artisans for the event.
Artists will be selected based upon the following criteria: Technical Ability: Artist’s history of work indicates professionalism, skill with materials and techniques
Artistic Quality: Artist’s work is appropriate to its medium, represents it well, and shows personal creativity
Note: Remember that this is a family-friendly event.
This timeline represents the event as it now appears.
· Release Request for Applications: July 24, 2020
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Friday, August 21, 2020
· Notification of Selection: on/by Friday, August 28, 2020
· Event Date: Saturday, September 12, 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Artists must submit the following information to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org or you may use the Submit Your Work page on our website.
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information in your cover letter:
· Artist name
· Band name (if applicable)
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website (if applicable)
2. Cover Letter: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· A statement about your interest in this event
· If you have participated in Fishers Arts Crawl or Spark!Fishers in the past
· Your medium or genre of music
· A description of what pieces you will display/sell at the event
3. Examples of artwork/creations: Submit two to ten digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of work that will be on display/for sale. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. (Do not embed images in your email.) Musicians should submit a weblink to one or two audio files.
5. Image information: Provide the following information about each submitted image: title, price, and a brief (one to two sentences) description of the piece. (Musicians do not need to complete this step.)
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org, shared via Dropbox/Google Drive, or mailed to Fishers Arts Council.
Mailed or delivered submissions must be loaded on a single USB drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at the address below no later than 3:00PM EST on Friday, August 21, 2020. A Dropbox/Google Drive share request must be time-stamped by 3:00PM EST on Friday, August 21, 2020 – and all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 3:00PM will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is: ATTN: Harvest Fest Fishers Arts Council 11650 Olio Road; Suite 1000-241 Fishers, IN 46037
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org