Fishers Arts Council
Call-Out: Performing Artists with Disabilities
During the month of March 2023 the City of Fishers Advisory Committee on Disability, Fishers Arts Council (FAC), and Conner Prairie, are looking to invite small performing arts groups that feature individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities to show off their talent at Conner Prairie and at FAC’s Collaboration Hub Gallery. These events are a way to demonstrate the importance of all artists as we celebrate “Building Our Future Together” during 2023 March Disability Awareness Month in the City of Fishers.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Artists interested in participating must submit a request by 3 pm January 13, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating their desire to participate. The information is to state in the Subject Line: March Awareness and include the following ● Artist/performance group name
● City of residence
● Phone number
● Email address
● One or two sentences regarding their performance art area (for example: poetry reading, vocal, instrument performance, etc.)
● How much space is needed for the performance art
● A video link or social media link showcasing your talent (if available)
ELIGIBILITY: PERFORMING ARTISTS MUST
● Have one or more members who have a disability
● Be a performance artist
● Be able to appear at the Conner Prairie Arts Reception (March 3, 2023) or at the FAC Collaboration Hub Gallery Second Friday Arts Reception (March 10, 2023)
● Provide their own equipment necessary for the performance (speakers, music, microphones, etc.)
● Agree that the Committee may adjust the size and or length of your performance if said performance does not properly fit the space and or time allotment
The Fishers Advisory Committee on Disability will review all submissions and select the participating artists for the receptions.
Artists will be notified of their acceptance into the exhibit by January 20, 2023 via email.
A small compensation stipend will be awarded.
Artists will be required to arrive at the designated performance venue at least 30 minutes before they are scheduled to perform. Questions: For more information, contact email@example.com or call 317-537-1670