ARTIST CALL OUT: Juried Exhibit September 2021 - Sponsored by Jiffy Lube of Indiana
Updated: Jul 21, 2021
DEADLINE: AUGUST 9, 2021 AT 3PM
UPDATED: JUNE 29, 2021: announcement of juror, Jerry Smith
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE PROSPECTUS PACKAGE.
All entries are to be submitted with the understanding that accepted work may be photographed or video taped for educational and publicity purposes. All accepted images will be included on the Fishers Arts Council website. All painted 2D mediums are eligible to enter. All entries must be suitably presented for hanging. This juried exhibit is open to current and former residents of Hamilton County, Indiana.
PLEASE NOTE: No work that has WON AWARDS in any JURIED show in Indiana will be accepted. This includes competitions such as the Indiana State Fair, SALI, IAC, IHA, WSI, and Hoosier Salon. In addition, no work completed in a workshop and under the supervision of an instructor will be accepted.
Your signature on your entry form(s) indicates that you agree to the rules and conditions of this prospectus.
March 12 – Fishers Arts Council Juried Show Prospectus available for artists.
August 9 – Digital images are due for judging and sent to juror.
August 27 – Notices of acceptance into the show are sent to artists.
September 4 – Accepted paintings delivered for judging between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
September 7 – Tuesday – Juried show opens.
September 10 – Friday – Awards ceremony. September 29– Wednesday – Juried show closes.
September 30– Thursday – artists pick up paintings, time TBD.
Digital Image Requirements
1. Image should be up to 300dpi jpeg. Image dimension no larger than 6 inches on any side. File should not exceed 4MB.
2. No digital enhancement is allowed.
3. The image must be oriented correctly (vertical or horizontal).
4. Crop images to exclude mat and frame.
5. Save the image with your name, entry “A” or “B”, 2021, and painting title.
(example: SmithJohnA2021Flower.jpg) The painting title must match your entry form.
1. The body of the email must include your name, painting title, entry “A or “B”. The painting title must match your entry form.
2. Attach one entry per submission/email.
3. Email entry to Fishers Arts Council with “Juried Exhibit Entry 2021” in the subject line.
4. Entry form and payment must be received before the digital image is processed.
The Juried Exhibit is an annual fundraiser for Fishers Arts Council. Cash prizes are provided by funding from the exhibit sponsor: Jiffy Lube of Indiana and Cori Drudge of Ruoff Mortgage.
Non-student: One Entry - $25 Two Entries - $35
Student: One Entry - $10 Two Entries - $15
Even if artist enters two paintings, only one painting can be selected by the juror for the exhibition.
No entry will be processed until your entry form and payment are received. Entry forms accepted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments may be made online here. Please be sure to select the appropriate fee for your entry/entries and student status. You will need to send an image of or forward your receipt along with your entry form if submitting via email.
Mail Payment and entry form to:
Fishers Arts Council
11650 Olio Road; Suite 1000-241
Fishers, IN 46037
1. The Juried Show competition is open to current and former residents of Hamilton County, Indiana. Artist may submit either one or two paintings. Please note entry fees. If an artist enters two paintings, only one painting can be selected by the juror for judging in the exhibition.
2. No triptychs or diptychs will be accepted.
3. All entries must be the original concept and execution of the artist. No copies of paintings or published photographs will be accepted.
4. No work produced in a class or under tutelage of an instructor will be accepted.
5. The size limitation is 42” x 42” in any direction including frame. No exceptions. All work must be framed as appropriate for the medium of the art. Plexiglass is preferred for all traditionally framed artwork and is required if metal frames are used. A simple gallery-quality frame is highly recommended. A white or neutral mat is strongly recommended.
6. Strap hangers are required. Saw tooth hangers will not be accepted. (See attached Hanging Guidelines)
7. Titles and prices will be listed as they appear on the entry forms. No changes will be made after entry forms are received.
8. No further work can be done on a painting once it is accepted. The painting will not be accepted if it is different from the original image submitted.
Social Security Number
Entrant agrees to provide his/her Social Security Number on a W-9 form to the Fishers Arts Council upon request for the purpose of the Council's tax return, if an entrant receives $600 or more in sales and/or awards per year from the Fishers Arts Council.
Thanks to the Juried Exhibit Title Sponsor Jiffy Lube of Indiana and Juried Arts Champion Cori Drudge of Rouff Mortgage, Fishers Arts Council will award the following cash prizes: $800 – Jiffy Lube of Indiana Best in Show, $600 – 1st Place, $450 – 2nd Place, $300 – 3rd Place, $100 – People's Choice. Cash prize values will increase or additional awards will be offered if more sponsors are secured before September.
All sales will be conducted through the Fishers Arts Council office, which will facilitate contact for the artist and the purchaser. Fishers Arts Council will receive from the artist a 20% commission of the sale.
Fishers Arts Council representatives will exercise diligent and reasonable care, but they will NOT be responsible for any loss or damage to any work. Broken glass must be replaced by the artist. By signing the entry forms, the artist assumes all risks.
Fishers Arts Council has created this juried exhibit, sponsored by Jiffy Lube of Indiana. This juried exhibit is an annual fundraiser for Fishers Arts Council, with sponsors covering the artist awards and event expenses. Funds raised by this juried exhibit will go towards operating costs, art gallery events, and receptions.
Any questions about this prospectus should be sent to email@example.com, no calls please.