ARTIST CALL OUT: Juried Exhibit October 2020 - Sponsored by Jiffy Lube of Indiana
Updated: Sep 8
DEADLINE EXTENDED: SEPTEMBER 11, 2020 AT 3PM
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE PROSPECTUS PACKAGE.
DOWNLOAD JUST THE ENTRY FORMS.
All entries are to be submitted with the understanding that accepted work may be photographed or video taped for educational and publicity purposes. All accepted images will be included on the Fishers Arts Council website. All painted 2D mediums are eligible to enter. All entries must be suitably presented for hanging. This juried exhibit is open to current and former residents of Hamilton County, Indiana.
August 1 – Fishers Arts Council Juried Show Prospectus available for artists.
UPDATE: September 11 – Digital images are due for judging and sent to jurors.
September 29 – Notices of acceptance into the show are sent to artists.
October 3 – Accepted paintings delivered for judging between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
October 9 – Friday – Juried Exhibit opens. Awards ceremony.
October 31– Saturday – Juried show closes; artists pick up paintings, time TBD.
Digital Image Requirements
1. Image should be up to 300dpi jpeg. Image dimension no larger than 6 inches on any side. File should not exceed 4MB.
2. No digital enhancement is allowed.
3. The image must be oriented correctly (vertical or horizontal).
4. Crop images to exclude mat and frame.
5. Save the image with your name, entry “A” or “B”, 2020, and painting title.
(example: SmithJohnA2020Flower.jpg) The painting title must match your entry form.
1. The body of the email must include your name, painting title, entry “A or “B”. The painting title must match your entry form.
2. Attach one entry per submission/email.
3. Email entry to Fishers Arts Council with “Juried Exhibit Entry 2020” in the subject line.
4. Entry form and payment or online submission must be received before the digital image is processed.
The Juried Exhibit is a new annual fundraiser for Fishers Arts Council. Cash prizes are provided by funding from the exhibit sponsor: Jiffy Lube of Indiana.
Non-student: One Entry - $25 Two Entries - $35
Student: One Entry - $10 Two Entries - $15
Even if artist enters two paintings, only one painting can be selected by the jurors for the exhibition.
No entry will be processed until your entry form and payment or online submission are received. Entry forms accepted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to submit images online on our website? Go to Submit Your Work.
You will still need to submit your individual entry forms via email, mail, or as a file via the Submit Your Work link.
Mail Payment and entry form to:
Fishers Arts Council
11650 Olio Road; Suite 1000-241
Fishers, IN 46037
UPDATE: September 11, 2020 – FRIDAY – Deadline for online receipt of email entries and mail entries to Fishers Arts Council address.
(Including entry forms and fees).
1. The Juried Show competition is open to current and former residents of Hamilton County, Indiana. Artist may submit either one or two paintings. Please note entry fees. If an artist enters two paintings, only one painting can be selected by the jurors for the exhibition.
2. No triptychs or diptychs will be accepted.
3. All entries must be the original concept and execution of the artist. No copies of paintings or published photographs will be accepted.
4. No work produced in a class or under tutelage of an instructor will be accepted.
5. No work previously exhibited in any JURIED show in Indiana will be accepted. This includes competitions such as the Indiana State Fair, SALI, IAC, IHA, WSI, and Hoosier Salon.
6. The size limitation is 42” x 42” in any direction including frame. No exceptions. All work must be framed as appropriate for the medium of the art. Plexiglass is preferred for all traditionally framed artwork and is required if metal frames are used. A simple gallery-quality frame is highly recommended. A white or neutral mat is strongly recommended.
7. Strap hangers are required. Saw tooth hangers will not be accepted. (See attached Hanging Guidelines)
8. Titles and prices will be listed as they appear on the entry forms. No changes will be made after entry forms are received.
9. No further work can be done on a painting once it is accepted. The painting will not be accepted if it is different from the original image submitted.
Social Security Number
Entrant agrees to provide his/her Social Security Number on a W-9 form to the Fishers Arts Council upon request for the purpose of the Council's tax return, if an entrant receives $600 or more in sales and/or awards per year from the Fishers Arts Council.
Thanks to the Juried Exhibit sponsor: Jiffy Lube of Indiana, Fishers Arts Council will award the following cash prizes: $500 – 1st Place, $250 – 2nd Place, $150 – 3rd Place, $100 – audience favorite.
All sales will be conducted through the Fishers Arts Council office, which will facilitate contact for the artist and the purchaser. Fishers Arts Council will receive from the artist a 20% commission of the sale.
Fishers Arts Council representatives will exercise diligent and reasonable care, but they will NOT be responsible for any loss or damage to any work. Broken glass must be replaced by the artist. By signing the entry forms, the artist assumes all risks.
Fishers Arts Council has created their first juried exhibit, sponsored by Jiffy Lube of Indiana. This juried exhibit will become an annual fundraiser for Fishers Arts Council, with sponsors covering the artist awards and event expenses. Funds raised by this juried exhibit will go towards operating costs; art gallery events and receptions.
Any questions about this prospectus should be sent to email@example.com, no calls please.