ARTIST/ARTISAN CALL OUT: Fishers Heritage Park Harvest Fest
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: August 6, 2021 by 3:00 PM
Fishers Arts Council is partnering with the Fishers Parks & Recreation Foundation for the second year in a row for the Fishers Heritage Park Harvest Fest on September 12, 2021 from 12pm to 7pm. It encourages guests to walk through the gardens of the Ambassador House at Heritage Park, where artists/artisans will display and sell their creations along with local food and drink vendors. Musicians who are interested in performing should contact the City of Fishers. Fishers Arts Council strongly encourages those who were past SHOP + ART, Arts Crawls, and Harvest Fest participants to apply.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be an artist/artisan of Hamilton County or surrounding areas
· Have art/creations to display and sell
· Be able to set up on the event day between 9am-11:30am
· Be present for the duration of the event from 12pm-7pm
· Clean up your space by/before 9pm
· Provide your own tables/display materials
· Provide your own tent, if needed
· Be able to take your own payments
· Demonstrate your medium (optional)
There is no compensation for this event. Artists may sell during the event with no commission taken. There is $25 FEE to participate. You can pay your fee here.
Artists must submit their applications by 3:00PM EST on Friday, August 6, 2021. Representatives from Fishers Arts Council will review submitted applications and select up to 50 artists for the event.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, Fishers Arts Council reserves the right to invite an artist to participate, should we need more artists/artisans for the event.
Artists will be selected based upon the following criteria: Technical Ability: Artist’s history of work indicates professionalism, skill with materials and techniques
Artistic Quality: Artist’s work is appropriate to its medium, represents it well, and shows personal creativity
Note: Remember that this is a family-friendly event.
This timeline represents the event as it now appears.
· Release Request for Applications: March 12, 2021
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Friday, August 6, 2021
· Notification of Selection: on/by Friday, August 13, 2021
· Event Date: Sunday, September 12, 2021
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information in your cover letter:
· Artist name
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website/Social (if applicable)
2. Cover Letter: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· A statement about your interest in this event
· What Fishers Arts Council events you have participated in the past, as well as other art fairs and events in Indiana
· Your medium
· A description of what pieces you will display/sell at the event
3. Examples of artwork/creations: Submit two to ten digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of work that will be on display/for sale. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. (Do not embed images in your email.)
5. Image information: Provide the following information about each submitted image: title, price, and a brief (one to two sentences) description of the piece.
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org, shared via Dropbox/Google Drive, or mailed to Fishers Arts Council.
Mailed or delivered submissions must be loaded on a single USB drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at the address below no later than 3:00PM EST on Friday, August 6, 2021. A Dropbox/Google Drive share request must be time-stamped by 3:00PM EST on Friday, August 6, 2021 – and all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 3:00PM will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is: ATTN: Harvest Fest Fishers Arts Council 11650 Olio Road; Suite 1000-241 Fishers, IN 46037
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org