ARTIST CALL OUT: Women's/Patriotic Art for "Evening Art Walk" at GAI
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: FEBRUARY 12, 2020
Fishers Arts Council is partnering with GAI Consultants of Fishers for an Indoor Evening Art Walk on February 27, 2020. Five (5) to seven (7) artists will be given space to show their work inside GAI from 6pm-8pm during a reception of the Hamilton County Women’s Republican Club. The club will be celebrating 100 years of women’s suffrage. Preference will be given to female artists and those with a patriotic theme.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: By 3:00PM EST on Wednesday, February 12, 2020
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be a female artist of Hamilton County
· Or be an artist of Hamilton County with patriotic or women’s suffrage themed art
· Art pieces must be visual, but can be in any medium
· Be present to set up your own art from 5pm-6pm and take down your art after the event
THIS EVENT WILL REQUIRE:
· Artist to provide three (3) to six (6) pieces of art
· Framed art must be able to fit in the space provided (each artist has their own exhibiting space)*
· 3D or sculpture art that can fit in the space provided is limited to 50 lbs per tabletop surface*
· Artist must be able to take their own payments, should a sale take place
*See attachment for dimensions of artist exhibiting space
There is no compensation for this event. Artists are welcome to sell art during the event with no commission taken. Artists will be invited to enjoy the refreshments provided at the reception.
Artists must submit their qualifications by 3:00PM EST on Wednesday, February 12, 2020. Representatives from Fishers Arts Council and GAI will review submitted qualifications and select five (5) to seven (7) artists for the event.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, Fishers Arts Council reserves the right to invite an artist to apply, should we be lacking in female and/or patriotic submissions.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Artists will be selected based upon the following criteria:
Technical Ability: Artist’s history of work indicates professionalism, skill with materials and techniques
Artistic Quality: Artist’s past work is appropriate to its medium, represents it well, and shows personal creativity
This timeline represents the project as it now appears.
· Release Request for Qualifications: January 23, 2020
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Wednesday, February 12, 2020
· Notification of Selection: on/by Wednesday, February 19, 2020
· Event Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Artists must submit the following information to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org (please note: materials will not be returned).
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information in your cover letter:
· Artist name
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website (if applicable)
2. Cover Letter: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· A statement about your interest in this event
· A description of what pieces you will showcase at the event
3. Examples of previous artwork: Submit two to ten digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of past work. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. If possible, include images of at least one previous project that is appropriate to the conditions of these events. (Do no embed images in your email.)
4. Image information: Provide the following information about each submitted project: title, date completed, client/neighborhood/site name, and a brief (one to two sentences) description of the project or piece at is relates to this event. Include a directory of which image titles you have submitted are associated with each project (ex: for an artist named Jones: PROJECT A: Images Jones 1, Jones 2, Jones 3; PROJECT B: Jones 4, Jones 5). Submit this sheet in .doc, .docx or .pdf format.
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org, shared via Dropbox/Google Drive, or mailed to Fishers Arts Council.
Mailed or delivered submissions must be loaded on a single USB drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at Fishers City Hall (to be placed in the Fishers Arts Council mailbox) no later than 3:00PM EST on Wednesday, February 12, 2020. A Dropbox/Google Drive share request must be time-stamped by 3:00PM EST on Wednesday, February 12, 2020 – and all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 3:00PM will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is:
ATTN: GAI Art Walk Fishers Arts Council 1 Municipal Drive Fishers, IN 46038
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org
ARTIST EXHIBITING SPACE
Each artist will be provided with their own cubicle. Artist may decorate their area as they see fit, as long as it does not exceed their assigned cubicle and all decorations are removed at the end of the event by the artist.