ARTIST/ARTISAN/MUSICIAN CALL OUT: Shop Fishers - Summer Series
Updated: Aug 13, 2020
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: August 12, 2020 by 3:00 PM
Fishers Arts Council is partnering with the City of Fishers for the Shop Fishers: Summer Series special event on August 26, 2020 from 6pm to 9pm. This event marks the reopening of the City of Fishers with “artful nodes” in various locations around the City of Fishers. Artists/artisans will be formed into groups of 3 or more, preferably with a musician/musical group, outside various businesses during the event. Artists and musicians will be located outside participating businesses to display and sell their art. Musicians may collect tips. A listing of confirmed node locations will be at the end of this call out. Fishers Arts Council strongly encourages those who were past Arts Crawl participants to apply.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be an artist/artisan/musician of Hamilton County or surrounding areas (Fishers residents receive priority)
· Have art/creations/music to display/perform and sell
· Music needs to have an acoustic capability (power may not be available)
· Be able to set up on the event day between 5pm-6pm
· Be present for the duration of the event from 6pm-9pm
· Clean up your space by/before 10pm
· Provide your own tables/display materials
· Provide your own tent, if needed (a limited number of tent canopies will be available from the city)
· Be able to take your own payments
· Demonstrate your medium (optional)
· Musicians will be required to play, but may take breaks on your own schedule
Visual Artists may sell during the event and musicians may accept tips with no commission taken. There will be NO FEE to participate. Musicians will be paid to perform.
Artists must submit their applications by 3:00PM EST on Wednesday, August 12, 2020. Representatives from Fishers Arts Council and the City of Fishers will review submitted applications and select up to 50 artists for the event.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, Fishers Arts Council reserves the right to invite an artist to participate, should we need more artists/artisans for the event.
Artists will be selected based upon the following criteria: Technical Ability: Artist’s history of work indicates professionalism, skill with materials and techniques
Artistic Quality: Artist’s work is appropriate to its medium, represents it well, and shows personal creativity
Note: Remember that this is a family-friendly event.
This timeline represents the event as it now appears.
· Release Request for Applications: July 24, 2020
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Wednesday, August 12, 2020
· Notification of Selection: on/by Wednesday, August 19, 2020
· Event Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2020
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information in your cover letter:
· Artist name
· Band name (if applicable)
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website (if applicable)
2. Cover Letter: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· A statement about your interest in this event
· If you have participated in Fishers Arts Crawl or Spark!Fishers in the past
· Your medium or genre of music
· A description of what pieces you will display/sell at the event
3. Examples of artwork/creations: Submit two to ten digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of work that will be on display/for sale. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. (Do not embed images in your email.) Musicians should submit a weblink to one or two audio files.
5. Image information: Provide the following information about each submitted image: title, price, and a brief (one to two sentences) description of the piece. (Musicians do not need to complete this step.)
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org, shared via Dropbox/Google Drive, or mailed to Fishers Arts Council.
Mailed or delivered submissions must be loaded on a single USB drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at the address below no later than 3:00PM EST on Wednesday, August 12, 2020. A Dropbox/Google Drive share request must be time-stamped by 3:00PM EST on Wednesday, August 12, 2020 – and all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 3:00PM will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is: ATTN: Artful Nodes Fishers Arts Council 11650 Olio Road; Suite 1000-241 Fishers, IN 46037
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org
CURRENT CONFIRMED BUSINESSES WITH ARTFUL NODES:
Geist Coffee Company 10110 Brooks School Road
MashCraft Brewing 11069 Allisonville Road
Sun King Fishers 9713 District North Drive, Suite 1220
Peace Water Winery 11547 Yard Street, Suite 830
Hub & Spoke 8100 E. 106th
Ohana Donuts & Ice Cream 11640 Brooks School Road, Suite 100
List updated 8/11/2020