Call-Out: Artists with Disabilities
Updated: 3 days ago
During the month of March 2023 the Fishers Arts Council – along with The City of Fishers Advisory Committee on Disability and Conner Prairie – is looking to exhibit artwork created by artists with physical or intellectual disabilities. The artwork will be featured at Conner Prairie and the Collaboration Hub Gallery. This is a way to demonstrate the importance of art as we celebrate “Building our Future Together” during the month of March in the City of Fishers.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Artists interested in participating must submit a request by 3 pm January 13, 2023, to email@example.com indicating their desire to participate. The information is to state in the Subject Line: March Awareness and include the following · Artist name
· Full physical mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· One or two sample(s) jpeg or pdf of artwork. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. (Do not embed images in your email.)
ELIGIBILITY: Artists must:
· Have a physical or intellectual disability,
· Be a 2D or 3D visual artist,
· Be able to provide at least two (2) to six (6) pieces of family friendly art for exhibit, and
· Agree that Fishers Arts Council or Conner Prairie may alter artwork for proper hanging and installation in the galleries if said artwork is not properly equipped for display.
Selection Process: Representatives from Fishers Arts Council will review submissions and select artists for the exhibit.
Notification: Artists will be notified of their acceptance into the exhibit by January 20, 2023. Delivery: Artists will be required to deliver artwork to the Fishers City Services Building on Friday February 10, 2023, from 3-5 pm or Saturday, February 11, 2023 from 10 am to noon. Questions: For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-537-1670