During the month of March 2024, Fishers Arts Council – along with the Fishers Advisory Committee on Disability and Ignite Studio at Hamilton East Public Library – is looking to exhibit artwork created by artists who live with developmental or intellectual disabilities. The artwork will be featured at Fishers Arts Council’s Hub Gallery at the Collaboration Hub and Ignite Studio. This is a way to demonstrate the importance of art as we get “Fueled for the Future” during the month of March in the City of Fishers.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Artists interested in participating must submit a request by 3 p.m. on January 26, 2024, to email@example.com indicating their desire to participate or fill out the online form at https://www.fishersartscouncil.org/submit-your-work and select EXHIBIT March Disabilities Awareness from the drop down menu. For email submissions, please make your Subject Line: March Awareness and include the following in your email: · Artist’s name
· Full physical mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· One or two sample(s) of artwork in jpeg or pdf format. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. (Do not embed images in your email.)
ELIGIBILITY: Artists must:
· Have a developmental or intellectual disability,
· Be a 2D visual artist,
· Be able to provide at least two (2) to six (6) pieces of family friendly art for exhibit, and
· Agree that Fishers Arts Council or Ignite Studio may alter artwork for proper hanging and installation in the galleries if said artwork is not properly equipped for display.
· Artists may also be represented by organizations that serve individuals with disabilities.
Representatives from Fishers Arts Council will review submissions and select artists for the exhibit.
Notification: Artists will be notified of their acceptance into the exhibit by February 2,2024.