UPDATED DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: MAY 15, 2020
THIS EVENT WILL NOW BE ONLINE, OFFERING ONE CLASS EVERY HOUR STARTING AT 3PM, JUNE 27TH AND ENDING AT 8PM. TEACHERS MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO LOG INTO ZOOM AND FAC WILL BROADCAST LIVE TO FACEBOOK.
Fishers Arts Council (FAC) is creating an event based on a popular item from our 2019 year-end events: Spark! of Creativity, in conjunction with Spark!Fishers. While Spark!Fishers has been cancelled for 2020, FAC has turned their live event into an online event on the planned day (June 27) from 3pm-8pm, with a new class at the top of each hour. We are looking for four (4) visual artists who are able to teach students (of any age and ability) how to create in the artist’s medium in an online class.
FAC’s goal for these classes, while being fun, will be to “Spark! Creativity” in our community, encouraging those that try these visual arts to continue to pursue the medium that most speaks to them. The more we can introduce and involve the community in various art forms, the greater impact artists can make to enhance and enrich the lives of those who live, work, and visit Fishers.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: By 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 15, 2020
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be able to meet all of the project requirements (see below)
· Be 18 years old or older
· Be willing to meet all contractual obligations
· Artist’s medium must be able to be demonstrated and taught LIVE ONLINE · Artist must have the means to connect to a Zoom video meeting (video and audio functions) for the duration of the class
· Artist must provide clear instructions, and be able to verbally respond to questions during the class (FAC will read questions aloud during the online class)
· Artist must provide FAC with links to materials for their project, which FAC will purchase and distribute
· Artist must advise FAC on the quantity of materials so that it is enough for 30 students
· The project must not be harmful or dangerous to others who are new to the medium
· Project should take no more than 60 minutes
Each artist will be paid $35 for their one-time class. Fishers Arts Council will pay for all materials needed to distribute to students, up to $200 per class.
Artists must submit their qualifications by 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 15, 2020. Representatives from Fishers Arts Council will review submitted qualifications and select up to four (4) artists/artisans.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, in an effort to provide the most diverse array of artistic mediums for the public to experience, Fishers Arts Council reserves the right to invite an artist to apply, should their medium be lacking representation from the current applicants. Technical Ability: Artist’s history of work indicates professionalism, skill with materials and techniques, and artist is able to instruct others on how to create their own piece of art
Artistic Quality: Artist’s past work is appropriate to its medium, represents it well, and shows personal creativity
· Clear understanding of requirements to instruct others
· Demonstrated capability for proposal to be engaging and educational
· Fishers residents receive priority (if necessary)
This timeline represents the event as it now appears.
· Release Request for Qualifications: March 2, 2020
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 15, 2020
· Notification of Selection: on/by Monday, May 18, 2020
· Event Date: June 27, 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Artists must submit the following information to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information in your email:
· Artist name
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website (if applicable)
2. Your Project: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· A synopsis of what you will have your “students” create
· A statement about how your past experiences qualify you for this opportunity, or why you would be the ideal person to teach others your medium
3. Examples of previous artwork: Submit two to ten digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of past work/creative projects. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. If possible, include images of at least one previous project that is appropriate to the conditions of this event. (Do no embed images in your email.) These materials will be used to promote your class.
4. Image information: Provide the following information about each submitted project: title, and a brief (one to two sentences) description of the project or piece. Include a directory of which image titles you have submitted are associated with each project (ex: for an artist named Jones: PROJECT A: Images Jones 1, Jones 2, Jones 3; PROJECT B: Jones 4, Jones 5). Submit this sheet in .doc, .docx or .pdf format.
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org or shared via Dropbox/Google Drive
Mailed or hand delivered submissions are not able to be accepted at this time.
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org
Or by phone at 317-537-1670