Fishers Arts Council
ARTIST CALL OUT: Graphic Artists for November 2020 Exhibit
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: October 9, 2020 by 3:00 PM
This exhibit will feature the work of graphic artists - artists who use line and tone to create a visual art form. They compose visual material for printing or digital display. This exhibit will feature layouts, topography, logos, and more used to market an idea or product.
This exhibit will be open to the public from November 4-28, 2020
Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, excluding holidays
Special Event: Saturday, November 28 from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM
There will be a free public reception on Friday, November 20, from 6:00-8:00 PM
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 3:00PM EST on Friday, October 9, 2020
Artists will be notified of their acceptance into the exhibit by October 16, 2020
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be a resident of Indiana (preference given to Fishers residents);
· Be a graphic artist;
· Provide family friendly art that matches the theme of the exhibit.
· Provide three (3) to six (6) pieces of art (with a possibility of more)
· Be available to install the art on install day, mentioned in timeline (or drop off before that date)
· Have the art on exhibit during the entire exhibit period listed above
· Be available to pick up art the day after the exhibit ends
· Meet the FAC hanging requirements (see addendum 1 below)
· Preferred attendance at public reception, date mentioned above
There is no fee for artists to be part of this monthly exhibit. However, artists who sell art on display during the exhibit will be charged a fee of 20% of the sales price payable to Fishers Arts Council.
Artists must submit their work by 3:00PM EST on Friday, October 9, 2020.
Representatives from Fishers Arts Council will review submissions and select five (5) to eight (8) artists for the exhibit. In the event that there are not enough applicants to fill out the exhibit, FAC reserves the right to invite artists whose work fits the theme for the exhibit.
Artists will be selected based upon the following criteria: Technical Ability: Artist’s history of work indicates professionalism, skill with materials and techniques
Artistic Quality: Artist’s work is appropriate to its medium, represents it well, and shows personal creativity
This timeline represents the event as it now appears.
· Release Request for Submissions: September 15, 2020
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Friday, October 9, 2020
· Notification of Selection: on/by Friday, October 16, 2020
· Install Date: Monday, November 2, 2020
· Exhibit Date Range: November 4-28, 2020
· De-Install Date: Monday, November 30, 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Artists are encouraged to go to our Submit Your Work page to apply for the exhibit. Select the exhibit you are submitting for, answer the questions, and upload your artwork sample. You must have a Gmail account in order to submit via that form. If you do not, please send your submission following the instructions below:
Artists must submit the following information to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org:
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information:
· Artist name
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website (if applicable)
2. Exhibit Request: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· For which exhibit you are submitting materials
· How your submission fits the selected exhibit
· Provide a brief artist statement
3. Release Statements: Retype or copy/paste the following items and include them in your submission. If you do not, your submission will not be considered.
· I give Fishers Arts Council permission to exhibit my artwork in the specified exhibit. I understand that I am responsible for dropping off and picking up the artwork at the appropriate specified times. I will not hold Fishers Arts Council and or its representatives responsible in the event that my artwork becomes damaged as a result of my failure to pick up my artwork after the exhibit has closed.
· I give Fishers Arts Council and its representatives permission to photograph my artwork for social media and other promotional purposes.
4. Artwork for exhibit consideration: Submit two to ten digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of work that fits the theme of the exhibit. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. (Do not embed images in your email.)
5. Image information: Provide the following information about each submitted project: title, dimensions, medium, and price (or NFS). If NFS, a value must be listed for insurance purposes.
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org, shared via Dropbox/Google Drive, submitted on our website, or mailed to Fishers Arts Council.
Mailed or delivered submissions must be loaded on a single USB drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at Fishers City Hall (to be placed in the Fishers Arts Council mailbox) no later than 3:00PM EST on Friday, October 9, 2020. A Dropbox/Google Drive share request must be time-stamped by 3:00PM EST on Friday, October 9, 2020 – and all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 3:00PM will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is: ATTN: November Exhibit
Fishers Arts Council 11650 Olio Road; Suite 1000-241 Fishers, IN 46037
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org