ARTIST/ARTISAN/MUSICIAN CALL OUT: Art on the Prairie
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: June 18, 2021 by 3:00 PM
Fishers Arts Council is partnering with Conner Prairie for a new event: Art on the Prairie on August 22, 2021 from 10am to 4pm. Artists/artisans will display and sell their creations along with local food and drink vendors, accompanied by live music.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be an artist/artisan/musician of Hamilton County or surrounding areas
· Have art/creations to display and sell · Music needs to have an acoustic capability (power may not be available)
· Be able to set up on the event day between 7am-10am
· Be present for the duration of the event from 10am-4pm*
· Clean up your space by/before 6pm
· Provide your own tables/display materials
· Provide your own tent, if needed
· Be able to take your own payments
· Demonstrate your medium (optional) · Musicians will be required to play, and will have a different schedule, depending on the number of performers*
There is no compensation for this event. Visual artists may sell during the event with no commission taken. There is $100 FEE for visual artists to participate. You can pay your fee here. Musicians will be paid to perform.
Artists must submit their applications by 3:00PM EST on Friday, June 18, 2021. Representatives from Fishers Arts Council will review submitted applications and select up to 50 visual artists for the event. Up to five (5) musician/musical groups will be selected.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, Fishers Arts Council reserves the right to invite an artist to participate, should we need more artists/artisans for the event.
Artists will be selected based upon the following criteria: Technical Ability: Artist’s history of work indicates professionalism, skill with materials and techniques
Artistic Quality: Artist’s work is appropriate to its medium, represents it well, and shows personal creativity
Note: Remember that this is a family-friendly event.
This timeline represents the event as it now appears.
· Release Request for Applications: March 31, 2021
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Friday, June 18, 2021
· Notification of Selection: on/by Friday, June 25, 2021
· Event Date: Sunday, August 22, 2021
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information in your cover letter:
· Artist name · Band name (if applicable)
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website/Social (if applicable)
2. Cover Letter: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· A statement about your interest in this event
· If you have participated in Fishers Arts Council event in the past or other area events
· Your medium or genre of music
· A description of what pieces you will display/sell at the event (if applicable)
3. Examples of artwork/creations: Submit two to ten digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of work that will be on display/for sale. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. (Do not embed images in your email.) Musicians should submit a weblink to one or two audio files.
5. Image information: Provide the following information about each submitted image: title, price, and a brief (one to two sentences) description of the piece. (Musicians do not need to complete this step.)
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org, shared via Dropbox/Google Drive, or mailed to Fishers Arts Council.
Mailed or delivered submissions must be loaded on a single USB drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at the address below no later than 3:00PM EST on Friday, June 18, 2021. A Dropbox/Google Drive share request must be time-stamped by 3:00PM EST on Friday, June 18, 2021 – and all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 3:00PM will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is: ATTN: Art on the Prairie Fishers Arts Council 11650 Olio Road; Suite 1000-241 Fishers, IN 46037
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org