ARTIST CALL OUT: Paid Opportunity for Visual Art Instructors
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 3:00 PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021
Fishers Arts Council (FAC) created Spark! of Creativity in 2020 and it became a virtual event. Now, for 2021, we're bringing it back to an in-person experience. In conjunction with Spark!Fishers, on Saturday, June 26 from 3pm-7pm, we plan to have three (3) visual arts introductory sessions alongside movement and music experiences. We are looking for three (3) visual artists who are able to teach students (of any age and ability) how to create in the artist’s medium in a loose, relaxed, drop-in style.
FAC’s goal for these classes, while being fun, will be to “Spark! Creativity” in our community, encouraging those that try these art mediums to continue to pursue the medium that most speaks to them. The more we can introduce and involve the community in various art forms, the greater impact artists can make to enhance and enrich the lives of those who live, work, and visit Fishers.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be able to meet all of the project requirements (see below)
· Be 18 years old or older
· Be willing to meet all contractual obligations
· Artist’s medium must be able to be demonstrated and taught in an outdoor setting · Artist must be present for the duration of the event
· Artist must provide clear instructions, and be able to verbally respond to questions during a session
· Artist must provide FAC with links to materials for their introductory class, which FAC will purchase in advance
· Artist must advise FAC on the quantity of materials so that it is enough for 50 students (budget permitting, additional materials may be purchased)
· The project must not be harmful or dangerous to others who are new to the medium
· Each introduction session should take no more than 20-30 minutes
Each artist will be paid $200 for their class session. Fishers Arts Council will pay for class materials, up to $400 per instructor. Cleaning products will be provided by FAC to promote reusing of non-disposable art supplies (brushes, palettes, etc.).
Artists must submit their qualifications by 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021. Representatives from Fishers Arts Council will review submitted qualifications and select up to three (3) artists/artisans.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, in an effort to provide the most diverse array of artistic mediums for the public to experience, Fishers Arts Council reserves the right to invite an artist to apply, should their medium be lacking representation from the current applicants. Technical Ability: Artist’s history of work indicates professionalism, skill with materials and techniques, and artist is able to instruct others on how to create their own piece of art
Artistic Quality: Artist’s past work is appropriate to its medium, represents it well, and shows personal creativity
· Clear understanding of requirements to instruct others
· Demonstrated capability for proposal to be engaging and educational
· Fishers residents receive priority (if necessary)
This timeline represents the event as it now appears.
· Release Request for Qualifications: March 23, 2021
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021
· Notification of Selection: on/by Friday, May 14, 2021
· Event Date: June 26, 2021
HOW TO APPLY: Artists must submit the following information to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information in your email:
· Artist name
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website (if applicable) · Social Links/Tags
2. Your Project: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· A synopsis of what you will have your “students” experience/learn
· A statement about how your past experiences qualify you for this opportunity, or why you would be the ideal person to teach others an introduction your medium
3. Examples of previous artwork: Submit two to ten digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of past work/creative projects that fit this program. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. If possible, include images of at least one previous project that is appropriate to the conditions of this event. (Do no embed images in your email.) These materials will be used to promote your class.
4. Image information: Provide the following information about each submitted project: title, and a brief (one to two sentences) description of the project or piece. Include a directory of which image titles you have submitted are associated with each project (ex: for an artist named Jones: PROJECT A: Images Jones 1, Jones 2, Jones 3; PROJECT B: Jones 4, Jones 5). Submit this sheet in .doc, .docx or .pdf format.
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org or shared via Dropbox/Google Drive
Mailed or delivered submissions must be loaded on a single USB drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at the address below no later than 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021. A Dropbox/Google Drive share request must be time-stamped by 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021 – and all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 3:00PM will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is: ATTN: Spark! Summer Series Fishers Arts Council 11650 Olio Road; Suite 1000-241 Fishers, IN 46037
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org
Or by phone at 317-537-1670