ARTIST CALL OUT: Musicians Needed for Gallery Receptions
Updated: 4 days ago
NEW DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: MAY 1, 2020
Fishers Arts Council (FAC) regularly holds monthly art receptions at the Art Gallery at City Hall. Beginning in 2020, FAC began adding live music to the receptions to promote community exposure to local musical artists. A portion of the receptions for 2020 have been covered, but not all. This is a call out for musicians for the five (5) remaining receptions which still need live music.
Dates of remaining receptions, artistic theme, and preferred accompanying musical style:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: By 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 1, 2020
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be able to meet all of the project requirements (see below)
· Be 16 years old or older
· Be willing to meet all contractual obligations
· Musicians must be able to perform live music in The Art Gallery at City Hall in the space provided
· Musicians must bring their own instrument and, if electrified, must bring their own sound equipment
· Musicians must be able to adjust volume if requested by FAC
· Musicians must be available to come to the event site at least one week prior to view the space and to select their performance location at the venue
· Music must be family friendly with limited vocals
Musicians will be paid a flat rate of $200 for their performance time at the event (whether solo or a band). Musicians will be permitted to sell copies of their music during the event (with no required commission).
Musicians must submit their qualifications by 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 1, 2020. Representatives from Fishers Arts Council will review submitted qualifications and select one musician/band to perform per event. There are a total of five (5) available event dates, with the possibility of booking five (5) different musicians/bands.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, Fishers Arts Council reserves the right to personally invite specific musicians to apply/perform if there is a lack of qualified applicants.
· Release Request for Qualifications: February 14, 2020
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 1, 2020
· Notification of Selection: on/by Friday, May 5, 2020
· Event Dates: May 15, 2020; July 10, 2020; August 7, 2020; September 18, 2020; November 20, 2020
HOW TO APPLY: Artists must submit the following information to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org or via mail
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information in your cover letter:
· Artist or band name · If a band, include the main contact's name
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website (if applicable)
2. Cover Letter: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· A statement about your interest in this call out
· A synopsis of what type of music/songs you will play at the event
· Musicians must specify which date/dates for which they are applying:
o May 15, 2020 6pm-8pm, arriving at 5pm for prep
o July 10, 2020 6pm-8pm, arriving at 5pm for prep
o August 7, 2020 6pm-8pm, arriving at 5pm for prep
o September 18, 2020 6pm-8pm, arriving at 5pm for prep
o November 20, 2020 6pm-8pm, arriving at 5pm for prep
3. Examples of previous artwork: Include at least two to three examples of your work. Submit any combination of audio and/or video weblinks or recordings.
4. Performance information: Provide information about past performances, if applicable: event name, date performed, client/venue name, and a brief (one to two sentences) description of the type of event/performance.
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org, shared via Dropbox/Google Drive, or mailed to Fishers Arts Council.
Mailed or hand delivered submissions must be loaded on a single USB drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at Fishers City Hall (to be placed in the Fishers Arts Council mailbox) no later than 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 1, 2020. A Dropbox/Google Drive share request must be time-stamped by 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 1, 2020 – and all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 3:00PM will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is:
ATTN: Musicians 2020 Fishers Arts Council 1 Municipal Drive Fishers, IN 46038
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org