ARTIST/ARTISAN CALL OUT: Art & Car Show
Updated: 2 days ago
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: FRIDAY, MAY 7, 2021
Fishers Arts Council is partnering with the City of Fishers for an Art + Car Show on June 24, 2021 from 6pm to 9pm. This event is part of the Spark!Fishers festivities as we bring it back for 2021. The event will be located on the Central Green (between Liberty Plaza and the Gold Star Families memorial), where artists/artisans will display and sell their creations among vintage and muscle cars. Fishers Arts Council strongly encourages those artists/artisans who were past Arts Crawl participants to apply.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: By 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
· Be an artist/artisan of Hamilton County or surrounding areas with Fishers residents receiving priority
· Have art/creations to display and sell
· Be able to be set up on event day between 4pm-6pm
· Be present for the duration of the event from 6pm-9pm
· Clean up your space by/before 10pm
· Artist to provide their own tables/display materials within the space provided (10’x10')
· Artist must provide their own tent, if needed
· Pending CDC requirements at the time of the event, Artist may be required to wear a face covering; empty spaces may be inserted between booth spaces to allow for comfortable social distancing
· Artist must be able to take their own payments
There is no compensation for this event. Artists may sell art during the event with no commission taken. There will be NO FEE to participate.
Artists must submit their application by 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021.
Representatives from Fishers Arts Council will review submitted applications and select up to 30 artists/artisans for the event.
Note: While this is the intended selection process, Fishers Arts Council reserves the right to invite an artist to participate, should we need more artists/artisans for the event.
Artists will be selected based upon the following criteria: Technical Ability: Artist’s samples of work indicate professionalism, skill with materials and techniques
Artistic Quality: Artist’s work is appropriate to its medium, represents it well, and shows personal creativity
Note: Remember that this is a family-friendly event.
This timeline represents the event as it now appears.
· Release Request for Applications: March 23, 2021
· Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021
· Notification of Selection: on/by Friday, May 14, 2021
· Event Date: Thursday, June 24, 2021
HOW TO APPLY: Artists must submit the following information to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org or via mail
1. Applicant information: Please include the following information in your cover letter:
· Artist/Artisan name
· Full mailing address
· Phone number
· Email address
· Website (if applicable)
· Social Links/Tags
2. Cover Letter: In addition to the above contact information, please include:
· A statement about your interest in this event
· If you have participated in the Fishers Art Crawl, Harvest Fest, or Shop + Art in the past
· A description of what pieces you will display/sell at the event/your medium
3. Examples of artwork/creations: Submit two to ten digital images in .jpg or .pdf format of work that would be on display/for sale. Please limit the file size of each image to 2MB or less. (Do no embed images in your email.)
4. Image information: Provide the following information about each submitted project: title, price, and a brief (one to two sentences) description of the piece. Include a directory of which image titles you have submitted are associated with each piece (ex: for an artist named Jones: PROJECT A: Images Jones 1, Jones 2, Jones 3; PROJECT B: Jones 4, Jones 5). Submit this sheet in .doc, .docx or .pdf format.
DELIVERY OF SUBMISSIONS:
Submissions may be emailed to info@FishersArtsCouncil.org, shared via Dropbox/Google Drive, or mailed to Fishers Arts Council.
Mailed or delivered submissions must be loaded on a single USB drive. CDs, DVDs, or printed items cannot be accepted. USB drives must arrive at Fishers City Hall (to be placed in the Fishers Arts Council mailbox) no later than 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021. A Dropbox/Google Drive share request must be time-stamped by 3:00PM EST on Friday, May 7, 2021 – and all items must be included in the shared folder by that time. Any item that is time-stamped as being uploaded after 3:00PM will be disqualified from consideration.
The Delivery Address is: ATTN: Art & Car Show Fishers Arts Council 11650 Olio Road; Suite 1000-241 Fishers, IN 46037
Fishers Arts Council via email at info@FishersArtsCouncil.org